CBD Oils by fourfivecbd
At fourfivecbd, our CBD Oils come in the form of hemp oil tinctures. This was how our very own George & Dom got introduced to CBD Oil during their professional rugby careers. It gave them that extra boost by keeping their bodies & minds feeling good. This benefited their daily routines, so that they could both perform to the highest standard week in week out.
Adding CBD oil tinctures into your life can give you that extra boost to your daily routine.
Tinctures are great for helping people recover, rest and rise. Whether you’ve had a physically intense day of training & gym. Or had a stressful day at the office. Tinctures can help by restoring balance to make sure you recover and rest effectively. This means you get up the next day in tip top condition, ready to take on the day.
CBD Hemp Oil could be the supplement that you’ve been looking for to give you that edge on pitch, in the gym, at the office or anywhere where you need to perform at your best.
CBD Oils Composition
A good CBD oil tincture is a simple one. You can think of them the same way you think of the foods you eat when you’re trying to live a healthy lifestyle: the fewer ingredients, the better.
Our CBD oil tinctures contains 2 basic things:
- Carrier Oils– These help the body absorb CBD more effectively. This ensures the maximum amount of CBD is absorbed by your body, and allows our products to work their magic and benefit your daily routines.
Here’s the science behind it. It’s important to understand this!
The reason we add carrier oils is because CBD molecules are too large to be absorbed by your body cells on their own. Therefore CBD Oils without the carriers would be ineffective. However, when we add carrier oils to our product, it helps the body by dissolving the CBD molecules into the necessary size to enable your body cells to absorb the CBD.
This is because the carrier oil is made from fat and the CBD molecules are fat soluble – meaning CBD can be dissolved in fats or oils. Basically the carrier oils act as an enabler for CBD to be absorbed by your body. It’s a necessary component of our CBD products to ensure they work effectively.
- CBD Oil – Extracted from natural hemp, our CBD oil tinctures contain only highest grade CBD hemp oils.
What are the main ingredients in CBD oil?
Different types of CBD oil have different types of compounds. Here are some of the most important ingredients found in CBD oil:
- Cannabinoids – These are the most important compounds in the hemp plant, since they’re responsible for its most beneficial effects. Scientists have discovered over 110 cannabinoids in the plant, of which CBD is the second-most common. The only one ahead of it is THC (which is the cannabinoid that produces a high). However, the vast majority of cannabinoids—like CBD—are not intoxicating.
- Terpenes – These are found not only in the hemp plant, but just about every other plant on earth. Not only do they have a wide range of beneficial properties for the body and mind, but they also give plants their unique tastes and smells. Lemons smell the way they do because they’re rich in a terpene called limonene, for example. Different types of hemp plants have their own sets of terpenes, and scientists are still learning about these compounds’ unique benefits.
- Flavonoids – Like the name suggests, flavonoids also help give hemp plants their flavour (and their scent). These compounds are less common than cannabinoids and terpenes, and scientists still have a lot of questions about their potential. Early research, though, suggests they could have a lot to offer.
- Fatty acids – You might remember these from those fish oil capsules that became popular years ago. The most common fatty acids are omega-3 and omega-6, and hemp plants have a rich supply of both. Fatty acids are prized due to their ability to improve the skin, strengthen hair, and deliver many other health-boosting properties.
Types of CBD Oils
Now, remember how we said that different types of CBD oil contain unique combinations of these compounds? Here’s a quick explanation of the three types of CBD oil
Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
This type of CBD oil contains the full array of compounds found in natural hemp extract—including trace amounts of THC. Scientists believe this could boost the properties of other compounds due to a phenomenon called ‘the entourage effect.’ However, because the total quantity of THC is so small (less than 0.2 percent, in accordance with UK law), full spectrum CBD oil won’t get you high.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil
This variety contains everything that full spectrum CBD oil does, with one key exception: there’s no THC. Some people who are sensitive about coming in contact with any THC prefer broad spectrum CBD oil because it still allows them to get terpenes, flavonoids, and other beneficial compounds without having to worry.
Sometimes called ‘pure’ CBD oil, this type of tincture contains nothing but CBD. All the other compounds are carefully removed after extraction from the hemp plant. Some people prefer CBD isolate because of its taste, while others just want to be extra-certain they won’t accidentally get even the smallest drop of THC in their product.
CBD Oils: A Quick FAQ
How often should I take CBD oil?
There is no perfect schedule to take CBD oil that works for everyone. Some people prefer to take it daily to perpetuate regular CBD levels in their bodies for consistent results. Others opt for taking it as needed, especially when treating certain conditions. If you’re just getting started with CBD, it is usually recommended to start with low doses of CBD oil and slowly work your way up.
How to take CBD oil?
While there are many ways to take CBD oil, it is entirely up to you how to take it, though you should have the strength of the oil in consideration when dosing how much you take. For example, with our 500mg CBD oil, you can simply put 2 to 3 sprays under your tongue and hold them there for 60 seconds, on a daily basis. Alternatively, you can put a few sprays in your smoothie, tea or even coffee.
What is the difference between CBD Oil and Hemp Oil?
The main difference between CBD oil and hemp oil is that they come from different parts of the plant, hence they have different effects. Hemp oil comes from the seeds and is a rich source of nutrients, which is great for cooking and cosmetics. CBD oil comes mainly from hemp flowers and has a significant level of cannabinoids. Though both oils are legal in the UK, CBD oil is more tightly controlled. You can learn more about the differences between the two here.
Does CBD oil get you high?
CBD oil won’t make you high since hemp derived CBD has only a miniscule trace of THC, the component that makes you feel high. This makes CBD oil legal and safe for consumption.